Friday, April 10, 2015

The Hobbies of Tyler Skidmore

by Solomon Midwinter
PHS press staff member


Tyler Skidmore
Tyler Skidmore, age 15, of St. Paul has a few hobbies, and is a student at PHS.  When asked what they were, he said “ I like to draw detailed robots, abstract shapes, and patterns, and I like to build intricate lego models.”  

He enjoys both hobbies about the same.  He said, “I enjoy expressing myself through each drawing and model, combining feelings that I am having at that moment with different elements of the model or drawing.”  He has both drawn and made Lego creations for about twelve years.

According to Skidmore, he builds with Legos because he is bored, and when asked when, he replied, “I do both pretty much every day.”  He builds the massive Lego constructs in his room.  He will draw just about anywhere there is pen and paper. And as for how, in Skidmore's own words, he uses the Legos “by putting bricks together.” 

When asked what his favorite model is, he said “My favorite model is a turret crab which I keep on a shelf to look at (every once in awhile adding to it).”   He may have some drawings in an upcoming issue of the PHS Press.
 A robot that Tyler Skidmore drew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment